Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Just One...

...because I'm hording and being somewhat private in a Ms. Badu frame of mind, as she would say, I'm an artist, and I'm sensitive about my sh....tuff. Right. I'm no artist (a mere scrapbooker), but that makes me all the more sensitive. I need to break it into two pages so you can see it, but the rare, 12 x 12 two pager. And why yes, it really DOES only have one 4x6 photo on it. Deal. With. It.

I'm messing with you...dealing with my own issues. But I loved this picture and what it represents. So, without further ado:


Becoming One

Journaling reads: There are days when I can't help but to wonder. Do you really understand what you are getting into? Do you understand that when we become one, we really will become so much more? There is a little boy in my life. He isn't my son, though I wish he were. But you will become his father. You will be his rock. You will be the one he looks up to. As we become one, you will become so much more. Are you ready for a life change you probably never imagined? Are you sure? Will you be the one? Today? Forever? Promise? I do.

Journaling in left bottom corner says: It isn't everyday that you find your diamond in the rough.

alpha stamps by Technique Tuesday, chipboard letters by Cosmo Cricket, journaling spots by October Afternoon, rhinestones. Font Swenson downloaded from Internet and brown photo corners and edge inking are digital prods by Gina Cabrera for the Digital Design Essentials Lucky Star Kit from way back forever and ago. Talk about using that stash. Chipboard hearts are by Rusty Pickle. Acrylic paint, pigment ink for the stamping. Bit of lace and ribbon to boot.

Another bit of hybrid fun. TFL!

2 comments:

Gina said...

Great LO B~ and Congratulations on getting married! :)

Unknown said...

I love your journaling and the layout is scrumptious!!!
I know what you mean with the 'artist' thing :)